Assistant Professor, SoTHM - (F0122)
Royal Roads University
Royal Roads University (RRU) is seeking applications for an Assistant Professor to join our School of Tourism and Hospitality Management, within the Faculty of Management.
We currently offer a BA in Hospitality & Tourism Management, an MA in Tourism Management, and a Graduate Certificate in Tourism Management. Our Doctorate of Business Administration, offered in partnership with the School of Business, welcomes doctoral students focused on tourism and hospitality research.
As a full-time faculty member with teaching, research and content expertise in tourism, hotel and/or hospitality management, you will contribute to the success of the programs, our learners, and the growth of our innovative Faculty.
Located just outside Victoria, British Columbia, on one of Canada’s most beautiful campuses, Royal Roads University is Canada’s only public university created solely to address the needs of the global economy and the BC labour market through applied and professional programs. We recognize the vital role we play in shaping tomorrow’s leaders and in finding new ways to meet our world’s increasingly complex challenges. Our innovative programs are delivered through a combination of online and on-campus courses and are designed to blend theory and practice with many opportunities outside of the classroom.
If you’re passionate about helping others achieve their academic pursuits and enjoy working within a collaborative, innovative, and team-based teaching environment, we would like to hear from you. If you possess well-developed interpersonal communication skills and relationship building abilities and are interested in socially responsible business methods, then we want to hear from you.
• To be well suited for this role you will possess the following qualifications:
• A doctorate or equivalent, in tourism management, hospitality management, business, or a related field with at least 3 years of industry and university teaching experience.
• Demonstrate teaching excellence at the undergraduate and/or graduate levels using the principles of adult learning and applied learning in both face-to-face and online learning environments.
• Experience teaching international students and a demonstrated responsiveness to the diverse cultural and academic backgrounds of learners.
• Possess a broad theoretical and practical understanding of the hospitality and/or tourism management discipline.
• Apply teaching and learning approaches that incorporate experiential learning and active learning methodologies to foster high student learning engagement online and in the classroom.
• Experience with the design and development of curriculum at the undergraduate and/or graduate levels.
• Research experience with academic and applied projects.
• Specified research agenda within tourism and/or hospitality management and a readiness to apply for funding opportunities.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, and a commitment to collaborate as a team member.
• Experience building relationships with industry representatives to expand opportunities for students (internships, research projects) and to maintain currency.
Our mandate at RRU is to offer applied, professional interdisciplinary degree programs with a focus on applied research. Royal Roads has established a reputation for innovation by offering a learning environment with face-to-face and online course delivery. This position has been evaluated at an Assistant Faculty level with a salary range of $75,333.28 to $98,388.84. In addition to a collegial learning community, RRU offers a comprehensive compensation package, with a starting salary and academic rank based on qualifications and experience. This is an initial five-year appointment with the potential for a continuing track appointment based on performance and program needs. To apply, please click “apply to this job” at the bottom of this page and upload a cover letter that speaks to the above qualifications and your curriculum vitae. Please ensure that your electronic files are saved in PDF format. The competition will close on September 30, 2023; however, the competition may be extended until a successful candidate is found. While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates short-listed for further consideration will be contacted. RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. Preference is given to Canadian citizens and applicants with Landed Immigrant status Please note that two of our heritage buildings, including Hatley Castle, have some areas that are not easily accessible to persons who use wheelchairs. If you require any form of accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org attention: Lorisha Bühler or 250-391-2600 extension 4408 so we can offer you individualized assistance and ensure equity in our recruitment and hiring process.
Please apply via: https://royalroads.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/1807