Associate Professor (Full-Time Tenure Track), Nursing
Business: Nipissing University
Title: Associate Professor, Nursing (NOC 4011)
Full time Tenure Track Appointment
Terms of employment: Permanent (Full time Tenure Track Appointment)
Hours of work: 35 hours per week
Location of work: North Bay, ON
Benefits A comprehensive group benefits and pension plan is offered, as well as a tuition subsidy for eligible dependents
Contact A letter of application, curriculum vitae, two letters of recommendation (at least one commenting on teaching experience) and teaching evaluations (if available) should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Teach one or more university subjects to undergraduate and graduate students;
• Prepare and deliver lectures to students and conduct laboratory sessions or discussion groups;
• Conduct research in field of specialization and publish findings in scholarly journals or books.
• Licensed or eligible for licensure with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
• Strong academic background and record of excellence in teaching and research;
• 5 years of teaching and/or research experience is required.
• A doctoral degree in science or a related field is required.
• One degree must be in the field of Nursing
• Recent clinical research, and/or teaching expertise in one or more of the following areas of Nursing : Medicine Surgery, Maternal Child, Community/Family, Psychiatric, Rural, and/or Aboriginal
This is an opportunity to join a growing School of Nursing in a university that focuses on quality undergraduate teaching and research. The School has a strong reputation for being student centered and providing students with rich practice-based learning opportunities.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority
Nipissing University is committed to employment equity an strongly encourages applications which may include self identification in a covering letter, from Aboriginal persons, women, persons with disabilities, and visible minorities
Nipissing University is an inclusive employer and will provide accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code