Curriculum Methodology Specialist - Volunteer in Guyana (12 months flexible start date)
The Curriculum Methodology Specialist will work closely with the staff of the Guyana School of Agriculture and a group of stakeholders to review existing curricula and assist in the development of new curricula based on learnings and needs.
The specialist will also provide training to staff at the Guyana School of Agriculture on issues related to curriculum development.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Review and evaluate existing GSA curriculum
- Support development of new curricula and training program which will assist GSA staff and instructors in delivering agricultural training
- Test relevance of new GSA training material in the Guyana context.
- Support GSA staff and key stakeholders to implement new training material
Essential Academic Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Education or related field
Essential Professional Background:
-At least 5 years of experience teaching/developing curriculums
-Demonstrated facilitation and training skill
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer (Return flight, emergency medical insurance, vaccinations)
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation