Instructor for Project Courses
The Faculty of Computer Science is seeking candidates for a 1-year limited term instructor position to begin on or around July 1, 2021.
The position will primarily involve (i) teaching of the three project courses: CSCI 2691, CSCI 3691, and CSCI 4691 (ii) the review, development, and renewal of the project courses and the project stream; and (iii) participating in other Faculty administration and undergraduate affairs.
The successful candidate for this position must meet the following requirements:
• A Ph.D. in Computer Science
• At least one year of experience teaching group-based project courses such as CSCI 2691, CSCI 3691, and CSCI 4691
• Experience with recruiting and managing clients for projects in the project courses using in-person and online delivery contexts
• Experience teaching project management in a university setting
• 10+ years of professional experience in software development and the IT Industry (work experience)
Eligible candidates are encouraged to apply for this position with a package including a (i) C.V. or resume; (ii) cover letter; (iii) the addresses and emails of three references; and (iv) a teaching dossier. Applications can be submitted using the link below. Application review will begin May 1, 2021. Candidates should be prepared to have their referees forward their letters of reference upon request.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons, women, persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity, and all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For more information, please visit https://www.dal.ca/hiringfordiversity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Quick link for application submission: https://dal.peopleadmin.ca/postings/5855