Limited Term Instructor, Entrepreneurship and Innovation
University of Calgary
The Haskayne School of Business at the University of Calgary invites applications for a one year Limited Term Instructor appointment in Entrepreneurship and Innovation, starting in July 2021 or at a mutually agreeable date.
Desired qualifications in candidates include:
• An MBA degree or similar qualification
• Teaching and research interests in the area of entrepreneurship
• Evidence of effective teaching in the area of entrepreneurship at the post-secondary level, with excellent student evaluations;
• Well-versed in the frameworks and lingo used by startups and new ventures in North American entrepreneurial ecosystems.
• Ability to design effective learning experiences through a variety of teaching and learning methods
• Administrative skills required to coordinate multi-section courses;
• Evidence of successful teamwork and a collegial approach to interacting with colleagues, students and other stakeholders.
Additional qualifications viewed as favorable include:
• Completed or be near-completion of a doctoral degree in entrepreneurship or related field
• Evidence of effective support and respect for equity, diversity, and inclusion in teaching and interaction with students and colleagues
• Proficiency in online instruction and expertise in the use of virtual learning resources and practices
• Familiarity with pedagogical approaches and the scholarship of teaching and learning, especially in the area of entrepreneurship
Expected duties include:
• Teaching 8 course sections over the course of the year, possibly including courses at both the undergraduate and graduate levels such as introductory entrepreneurship courses both for business major and non-business students, as well as project-based courses. Potential specific courses include ENTI 201, ENTI 317, ENTI 381, and MGST 615.
• Coordinating and administering multi-lectured core courses;
• Actively participating in projects related to teaching and learning, curriculum development, and implementation, as needed;
• Coordinating with the teaching and learning staff on course design, grading, teaching assistants, etc.
We are seeking candidates who are aligned with the business school’s vision to be an internationally recognized centre of excellence for business education, research, and community outreach, with a special emphasis on entrepreneurship, which is one of the distinct elements that define Calgary and Alberta.
Accredited by AACSB International, the Haskayne School of Business is a progressive and innovative business school. Our mission is to create and communicate knowledge of critical significance; while contributing to the development of our students as leaders of moral character with professional ability equal to the best in their field. With 3,000 full and part-time students currently enrolled in bachelor's, master's, PhD and executive education programs, the business school boasts more than 18,000 alumni in 60 countries around the globe.
Interested individuals are encouraged to submit an application online through the University of Calgary career website via the 'Apply Now' link - https://business.careers.ucalgary.ca/jobs/6559446-instructor-position-in-entrepreneurship-and-innovation-enti-haskayne-school-of-business
Applications should include a curriculum vitae and three letters of reference.
Questions may be addressed to:
Dr. Mohammad Keyhani, Chair, Entrepreneurship and Innovation Area,
Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary
2500 University Drive N.W.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 1N4
The closing date for applications is May 7, 2021.
The University of Calgary has launched an institution-wide Indigenous Strategy in line with the foundational goals of Eyes High, committing to creating a rich, vibrant, and culturally competent campus that welcomes and supports Indigenous Peoples, encourages Indigenous community partnerships, is inclusive of Indigenous perspectives in all that we do.
The University of Calgary recognizes that a diverse staff/faculty benefits and enriches the work, learning and research experiences of the entire campus and greater community. We are committed to removing barriers that have been historically encountered by some people in our society. We strive to recruit individuals who will further enhance our diversity and will support their academic and professional success while they are here. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. In this connection, at the time of your application, please answer the following question: Are you a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada? (Yes/No)
About the University of Calgary
The University of Calgary is Canada’s leading next-generation university – a living, growing and youthful institution that embraces change and opportunity with a can-do attitude. Located in the nation’s most enterprising city, the university is making tremendous progress on its Eyes High journey to be recognized as one of Canada’s top five research universities, grounded in innovative learning and teaching and fully integrated with the community it both serves and leads. The University of Calgary inspires and supports discovery, creativity and innovation across all disciplines. For more information, visit ucalgary.ca.
About Calgary, Alberta
Calgary is one of the world's cleanest cities and has been named one of the world's most livable cities for years. Calgary is a city of leaders - in business, community, philanthropy and volunteerism. Calgarians benefit from a growing number of world-class dining and cultural events and enjoy more days of sunshine per year than any other major Canadian city. Calgary is less than an hour's drive from the majestic Rocky Mountains and boasts the most extensive urban pathway and bikeway network in North America.