University of Manitoba
The University of Manitoba, Rady Faculty of Health Science, Office of Educational and Faculty Development (OEFD), invites applications for two full-time Educational Specialists. Each position is a three-year term position with the possibility of renewal.
The Office of Educational and Faculty Development (OEFD) is a resource for promoting excellence in teaching and scholarship across the continua of health professions education. Through evidence-informed practice, Office members engage in and support curriculum development and innovation; educational research and program evaluation; and faculty development activities that assist faculty members in their roles as educators, researchers and administrators.
Under the general direction of the Director, Office of Educational and Faculty Development, the Educational Specialist works within an integrated team and is responsible for providing educational expertise to a number of faculty educational ventures linked to the strategic goals of the Office and the Faculty at large.
The expected outcomes of the successful candidate include:
• Assists in providing consultation and ongoing support for Educational Development in the Rady Faculty of Health Sciences. For one of the positions, a particular focus on educational assessment and program evaluation is an asset;
• Provide pedagogical expertise for the development of curricula in the RFHS. We do not lead the development, but are participants – these may be individual courses, or complete curricula;
• Assists with accreditation preparation and follows up on issues requiring specific intervention relating to curriculum and faculty development;
• Assists faculty in the evaluation of the effectiveness of educational programs and with interpretation of data from analyses of program outcomes;
• Assists program and course directors in developing and teaching instructional methods including online learning modules and assessment methods;
• Participates in the design and delivery of the Rady Faculty of Health Sciences Faculty Development Program.
The successful candidate will be an engaging and dynamic individual with a Graduate Degree in a domain relevant to health professions’ education and have experience in the fields of educational or staff development including the development of new curricula. A comparable level of education and experience may be considered. Highly developed interpersonal, collaborative, and interprofessional skills, and the ability to communicate effectively and build collegial relationships with other team members is a fundamental requirement of this position. A high level of proficiency in relevant methodologies and a demonstrated ability to develop and evaluate curricula under the direction and with the collaboration of faculty, are considered assets to the position.
Applications will be reviewed starting January 23, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled. Ideally, the position will start on February 15, 2021 or at a mutually appropriate time. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Manitoba is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual and gender identities, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact UM.Accommodation@umanitoba.ca or 204-474-7195. Please note this contact information is for accommodation reasons only.
Applications including a CV and names and contact information for three references should be sent to Joanne Hamilton, Office of Educational and Faculty Development, S204 Medical Services Building, 750 Bannatyne Avenue, Winnipeg Manitoba R3E 0W2 or via email at Joanne.Hamilton@umanitoba.ca
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provision of The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae may be provided to participating members of the search process.