Fraser Valley India
About Fraser Valley India
Fraser Valley India (www.ufv.in) offers Canadian pathway programs that lead to University of the Fraser Valley’s (www.ufv.ca) Canadian degree programs. The University of the Fraser Valley (UFV) is nationally recognized in Canada for its commitment to teaching excellence. It offers over 100 undergraduate and graduate programs.
In this dynamic context, Fraser Valley India invites applications from experienced leaders for the role of Principal located on the campus of GGD SD College, Chandigarh, India.
This is a renewable 2-year appointment. This position will commence by August/September 2023, and will require residency in Chandigarh, UT.
Chandigarh, UT, India
Chandigarh is a Union Territory (UT) located in north India. It is the state capital of both Punjab and Haryana. A modern planned city under the guidance of M.K. Sharma, Chief Architect of Punjab and Swiss-French architect Le Courboussier, Chandigarh is a metropolitan hub of India’s north. Population: 1,055, 450 (2011 census). Time from Delhi: 4 hours (by car or train); 1 hour (by plane).
The following UFV academic programs are currently offered: Pathways to Canadian Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA); Pathways to Canadian Bachelor of Computer Information Systems (BCIS); Pathways to Canadian Bachelor of Arts (BA); and Canadian Management Post-Baccalaureate Certificate (MPBC).
FVI aspires to provide the best undergraduate pathway education in North India. We will be recognized for our ability to prepare students for employment, future education and to study and gain experience in Canada and other countries. We will be innovative, entrepreneurial and accountable in achieving our goals.
FVI provides the knowledge, practical skills and abilities that students require for employment, entrepreneurship, further education, leadership and responsible citizenship – locally and globally.
The Principal will provide academic oversight and leadership, with the following responsibilities:
1. Reporting to the Director of FVI, the Principal will provide leadership to the faculty and their activities with the responsibility to encourage excellence in teaching, learning, scholarship, and service.
2. Liaise with Academic Administration staff in Chandigarh.
3. Liaise with Student Life and Industry Engagement staff in Chandigarh.
4. Liaise with Student Recruiting staff in Chandigarh.
5. Oversee activities related to recruiting, hiring, evaluating, developing, and retaining faculty to deliver programming in Chandigarh.
6. Liaise with UFV Departments and Schools regarding UFV Canada faculty teaching in Chandigarh, academic programming, and related tasks.
7. Advocate for the interests of faculty and students.
8. Provide oversight for all aspects of UFV’s academic programming in India, including development, management and review of academic policies and programs.
9. Provide academic oversight for admission, registration, timetabling, and enrolment management.
10. Provide leadership for the development and maintenance of academic partnerships.
11. Participate in the development and implementation of academic components of the FVI Strategic Plan.
12. Report to the Director of the Chandigarh campus to ensure effective delivery of UFV academic programming in India.
13. Represent UFV and engage with external organizations and groups to achieve UFV academic goals in India.
14. Work closely with UFV Deans, Directors and Department Heads responsible for UFV academic programming delivered in India.
15. Build and maintain strong working relationships within India and Canada.
16. Any other tasks as assigned by the reporting supervisor. This may include a limited teaching role.
17. Keeping your supervisor, the Director, or designate, apprised of all your activities as per established guidelines.
Qualifications and Skills:
1. Demonstrated leadership and administrative skills and experience in post-secondary education (minimum 5 years)
2. PhD from a recognized institution.
3. Record of excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service.
4. Experience in managing organizational change.
5. Proven ability of strong leadership skills at post-secondary institutions, including experience in international education
6. Demonstrable advanced competencies in working with ethnically diverse communities and cultures
7. Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
8. Demonstrable advanced experience in evaluating the professional performance of faculty and academic staff.
9. Ability to engage external constituencies for the purpose of academic activities.
10. Ability to interact with external and internal groups and individuals in a collegial, consultative, fair and transparent manner.
11. Professional experience working in North India is an asset
12. Professional experience working in the Canadian post-secondary system.
13. Ability to speak Punjabi and/or Hindi is an asset.
This position will be remunerated in line with the North American pay-scale and will include private guest-house accommodation (inclusive of rent, utilities and internet), provision for official vehicle for local transportation, business travel to UFV and in-country travel for purposes of business meetings and convocation, and provision for meals.
To apply, please direct the following to HR.India@ufv.ca.
1. Cover letter
3. Evidence of appropriate qualifications
4. Three references.
Kindly mention “Principal” in the subject while applying for this position.
The selection committee will begin reviewing the applications immediately; however, the position will remain open until filled.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed at our location in Chandigarh or via videoconferencing.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.