Program Director for the Faculty of Science and Innovation
University of Canada in Egypt
The University of Canada in Egypt (UCE) is seeking an experienced academic for the position of Program Director for the Faculty of Science and Innovation.
UCE is the first International Branch Campus (IBC) in the New Administrative Capital in Egypt, hosting several partner Canadian Universities offering various undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, while focused on offering distinguished Canadian educational experiences in Egypt by bringing Canadian education closer to students in the region.
The Faculty of Science and Innovation currently offers undergraduate programs in Mathematics and Computer Science from the University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI). These programs include: Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Science specializing in video game programming, Actuarial Science, Financial Mathematics, Analytics specializing in Data Analytics and Analytics specializing in Business analytics. We expect to have other Canadian universities join us in the future offering other Science programs. Therefore, the role of the Program Director may expand as UCE grows.
Planning and overseeing assigned academic programs and teaching faculty in the Faculty of Science and Innovation in conjunction with Associate Deans (UCE) and Dean of Science (UPEI).
The Program Director for the Faculty of Science and Innovation is responsible for the smooth delivery of all programs offered in the Faculty with direction from the Dean of Science at UPEI. As well, they contribute to a quality student experience by ensuring the success of program components, which may include program design, assessment, technology integration, and/or curriculum development. Program Directors manage teaching faculty and foster student development. The Program Director for the Faculty of Science and Innovation is responsible for planning and overseeing the academic programs and teaching faulty in conjunction with the Associate Deans (UCE) and the Dean of Science (currently only at UPEI).
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure the program, in its entirety, is delivered in a manner that meets the accreditation standards including established goals & objectives and evaluation requirements as set out by the mother university.
2. Together with the Associate Dean, ensures that a process of continuous programmatic review and improvement occurs.
3. At the direction of the mother university, maintains program currency and assists in the effort to revise programs to enhance the student learning experience.
4. Assists the Associate Dean in ensuring alignment of program with accreditation standards as needed.
5. In collaboration with instructional staff, supports student learning and engagement.
6. Serve on committees when required.
7. Teach one or two courses per semester as required.
The ideal candidate for this position will preferably possess a doctoral degree in Computer Science or Computer Science and Electrical Engineering. They must also have a proven academic record and administrative experience. Familiarity with the programs offered by the School of Mathematics and Computer Science at UPEI would be considered an asset.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, and a sample of academic writing. Direct all application documents as as a single PDF document to Academic.email@example.com.
The position will start in January/February 2019, but will remain open until filled. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for considering UCE for employment.