Research Chair in Community Care
Reference #: C-200304
McGill University Research Chair in Community Cancer Care, St. Mary’s Hospital Centre Assistant/Associate Professor (Research)
Faculty of Medicine – Gerald Bronfman Department of Oncology and the Research Centre of St. Mary’s Hospital
St. Mary’s Hospital Centre and McGill University are proud to announce the establishment of the McGill University Research Chair in Community Cancer Care, and are seeking a candidate to fill this prestigious endowed chair. The successful applicant will hold a three-year, full-time academic appointment at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor (Research), as a member of the Contract Academic Staff. This position has the possibility of renewal. The professorial rank will be according to the candidate’s qualifications and experience. The recipient will be responsible for developing research activities related to optimizing the complex interplay between hospital and community, with a priority focus on women’s health in the context of breast and other cancers.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
• Develop an independent, innovative research program in their areas of expertise within the context of community cancer care
• Actively train and support a diverse group of graduate students at the MSc and PhD levels as well as postdoctoral fellows.
• Disseminate research findings through peer-reviewed publications, reports, public outreach, and other knowledge translation and exchange activities.
• Be actively involved in all aspects of McGill’s academic mission, and demonstrate strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion in all areas (research, teaching, supervision of graduate students, and involvement in academic and administrative committees).
Qualifications and Education Requirements
The ideal candidate is an Assistant or Associate Professor with a track record of peer-reviewed external funding (e.g. CIHR, FRQS, CCSRI, CPAC) with a Ph.D. or another earned doctoral degree in Oncology, Nursing, Primary Care or other related fields. A minimum of 1-year postdoctoral training or comparable research experience and an outstanding scientific track record that is commensurate with the expectation for the professorial rank to which the successful candidate will be appointed. Clinician-scientist applicants will hold an MD (or equivalent degree) and board certification in their medical specialty. Applications for this endowed Chair from current McGill faculty members will be accepted.
More details on this posting can be found at: https://www.mcgill.ca/medicine-academic/files/medicine-academic/c-200304_community_cancer_chair_en.pdf
Job Type: Contract Assistant Staff
Rank: Assistant/ Associate Professor
Job status: Full-time
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
Duration 3 years with the possibility of renewal
Posting period: Please submit your application within 30 days of the publication date of this advertisement.
Applications must be submitted on-line at: http://www.mcgill.ca/medicine-academic/career-opportunities
The following supporting documents are required:
- a cover letter & curriculum vitae (as 1 pdf document)
- Statement of research (if including other documents, combine to make 1 pdf)
- The names and contact information of three referees
McGill University is committed to equity and diversity within its community and values academic rigour and excellence. We welcome and encourage applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to engage productively with diverse communities.