Research Projects Coordinator
Position Title: Research Projects Coordinator
Competition Number: C001700
Division/Portfolio: Learning and Applied Research
Department/Program: Learning and Applied Research
Under the direction of the Director of Learning and Applied Research, the Research Projects Coordinator serves a critical role in supporting and promoting applied research across the institution in accordance with the Strategic Plan of Okanagan College. The Research Projects Coordinator provides oversight and service functions pertaining to externally funded applied research projects. This position assists in developing linkages in the communities, industry and other stakeholders in order to promote applied research.
The Research Projects Coordinator participates in institution-wide events that increase the visibility of applied research. The Research Projects Coordinator supports applied research planning, liaises with individuals, portfolios and departments to identify their applied research aspirations and supports required, and contributes to the budget management process. These objectives are advanced based on priorities and resources.
Education and Experience:
A university degree in a relevant discipline represented by Okanagan College (graduate degree preferred) required. Minimum 4 years’ experience in proposal development, research implementation, project management and post-project analysis required. A broad understanding of the role of applied research in an academic setting required. Experience in the planning and management of projects with a justice, equity, diversity and inclusion focus, is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
· Proven track record of developing successful proposals and executing applied research projects.
· Experience with incorporating justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion into applied research proposals.
· Recognized project management skills.
· Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
· Exceptional interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills.
· Considerable experience with funding agencies and budgetary processes, including the development and administration of budgets.
· Ability to plan and think strategically about research projects with a focus on justice, equity, diversity and inclusion.
· Ability to liaise with clients and assist in the definition and articulation of their requirements.
· Identifies and manages project milestones, deliverables, dependencies and critical path.
· Work both independently and as a strong team player with an aptitude for working in a collaborative environment.
· Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment, to meet firm funding deadlines.
· Highly self-motivated, proactive, results driven, and adaptable to changing priorities.
· Strong customer service orientation, quality focused mindset.
Appointment Type: Support - Regular Full-time
Appointment Start Date: 10/12/2021
Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm or 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Annual Salary/Hourly Rate: $53,953 - $61,693
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Shortlisted internal candidates must notify the current Support Staff Bargaining Chairperson and Human Resources if they want a Union Observer during interviews and final selection of candidates.
Posting Opening Date: 09/13/2021
Posting Closing Date: 10/11/2021
To apply for this position, please go to the following website: https://www.employmentopportunities.okanagan.bc.ca and complete an on-line application.