Teaching and Learing Librarian - Term
Western University, Term Appointment
Teaching & Learning Librarian
Teaching & Learning Unit, Western Libraries
Western Libraries is seeking an energetic and team-oriented individual for the position of Teaching & Learning Librarian. Reporting to the Head, Teaching and Learning, the successful candidate will work as part of the Teaching & Learning Unit. This position is for a two-year term appointment to begin in Summer 2019. Currently the Unit is looking to implement a system that will leverage the teaching and disciplinary strengths of the individual members, including the successful candidate, in determining teaching assignments.
Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s degree in library and information science or equivalent from an ALA accredited institution, or a PhD in Library and Information Science or equivalent degree
• Experience with teaching, and/or curricular design
• Familiarity with technologies that are used to support student learning
• Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrate excellent organizational skills to set and balance priorities, manage competing deadlines, and take on multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously
• Ability to think strategically and work collaboratively
• Exhibit initiative, innovation, resourcefulness, and flexibility in order to develop relationships across Western Libraries and beyond, particularly with various academic departments
• Possess excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of pedagogy and the effective application of different teaching styles to support diverse learning preferences
Posting closes 31 May 2019, 11:59 PM (EDT).
For full posting including application process visit: https://www.uwo.ca/facultyrelations/careers/pdf/Western-Libraries_Teaching-Learning-Libraian_2019.pdf.