Assistant Professor Positions, Health Economics or Environmental Economics (Three-year Limited-Term)
University of Windsor
Position # 002157LT36-2019-ECO
The University of Windsor invites applications for two (2) three-year faculty positions in the Department of Economics, in the Faculty of Science at the rank of Assistant Professor, commencing July 1, 2019. These positions are subject to final budgetary approval.
Priority will be given to applications from candidates with a specialization in health economics or environmental economics; however, exceptional candidates in other applied fields will also be considered.
The Department of Economics offers both undergraduate and graduate degree programs, and candidates should be prepared to teach at both levels. Teaching at the senior level complements the interests of the faculty members and enables us to introduce recent research themes to students. Our two Masters programs, one being research oriented and the other more applied, encourage close cooperation between students and faculty. For more information on our department and programs, see our website: http://www.uwindsor.ca/economics.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to teaching three courses per academic semester for a total of six courses during the academic year and participating in the academic advising of undergraduate students. An additional responsibility may involve coordination of the Master of Applied Economics and Policy program, in which case the teaching load will be reduced to five courses per academic year. Teaching responsibilities begin in Fall Semester 2019.
The successful candidates should have a Ph.D. or be near completion by the date of appointment and will combine a strong commitment to quality teaching with the ability to maintain an active research agenda.
• a letter of application, including a statement of citizenship/immigration status;
• a detailed and current curriculum vitae;
• two (2) page outline of research interests and accomplishments;
• samples of scholarly writing, including (if applicable) clear indications of your contribution to any jointly authored pieces;
• a teaching dossier or teaching portfolio demonstrating a potential for or evidence of teaching effectiveness and excellence that will include sample course syllabi/outlines, teaching evaluations, and a statement of teaching philosophy and interests (resources and templates for completing a teaching dossier can be found at http://www.uwindsor.ca/ctl/390/teaching-and-learning-resources;
• three (3) current letters of reference forwarded directly by the referees to the Department Head at the address or email listed below.
Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted. The short-listed candidates may be invited to provide further information in support of their applications. To ensure full consideration, complete an online application (http://www.uwindsor.ca/facultypositions) found on the job advertisement, and ensure letters of reference are submitted by the deadline date of April 30, 2019.
Questions and Reference Letters to be sent to:
Dr Nurlan Turdaliev, Head, Department of Economics
University of Windsor, 401 Sunset Avenue, Windsor, Ontario, Canada N9B 3P4
Phone: 519-253-3000 Ext. 2368; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Windsor is a comprehensive research and teaching institution with more than 15,500 students. We are a welcoming community committed to equity and diversity in our teaching, learning, and work environments. In pursuit of the University's Employment Equity Plan, members from the designated groups (Women, Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, and Sexual Minorities) are encouraged to apply and to self-identify. If you need an accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Faculty Recruitment Coordinator (email@example.com). Should you require further information on accommodation, please visit the website of the Office of Human Rights, Equity & Accessibility (www.uwindsor.ca/ohrea). All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.