Vice President Academic and Dean
St. Jerome's University
How will you contribute as Vice President Academic and Dean?
• Develop St. Jerome’s University’s role as a predominantly undergraduate liberal arts university at the University of Waterloo serving the needs of the contemporary world.
• Nurture and build relationships for St. Jerome’s University with the University of Waterloo and its affiliated institutions.
• Oversee academic program renewal and development through a student-focused curriculum emphasizing the Catholic Intellectual Tradition, interdisciplinarity, and global competencies such as critical thinking, innovation, and creativity.
• Utilize your experience as a scholar, a teacher, and an administrator to support transformational research and academic engagement at St. Jerome’s University, and to nurture the potential of the University’s present and future academic leaders.
• Build on the shared vision and principles of collegiality, collaboration, and creativity that informs St. Jerome’s University’s Strategic Plan (2016-2021) by integrating the perspectives of key stakeholders (including students, faculty, contract academic staff, academic support staff, and alumni) into the development of St. Jerome’s Uni-versity’s next Academic Plan (2022-2027).
• Play a leading role in furthering St. Jerome’s University’s commitment to action for equity, diversity and inclusion by dismantling racism and discrimination as they exist in all forms. This includes sensitivity to and awareness of the rights and needs of persons with disabilities, and individuals in the LGBTQ2SIA+ and Black, Indigenous, and Racialized communities at St. Jerome’s University.
• Utilize your experience working in unionized environments to foster strong cooperative relationships with and among faculty and contract academic staff.
• Cultivate St. Jerome’s University’s place as a welcoming community for students by nurturing their development, and for staff by ensuring collegiality, mental health and wellbeing, and the achievement of St. Jerome’s University’s overall objectives.
• Nurture relationships with St. Jerome’s University’s academic leadership and Senate Council to review and improve academic governance structures.
• Work as a member of St. Jerome’s University’s Senior Administrative Team to develop and implement strategic plans and budgets, manage relevant staff teams, and encourage new and existing partnerships on behalf of St. Jerome’s University.
• As Vice President and chief academic officer of St. Jerome’s University, serve as a member of the St. Jerome’s University Board of Governors and report to the Board on St. Jerome’s University’s academic mission.
To view the full job description, follow this link: https://sju.ca/sites/default/files/upload_file/HR%20-%20Recruitment%20-%20VPAD%20Exec%20Brief%20FINAL%2004Jan2021.pdf
Please email applications to email@example.com by February 15, 2021.
The University respects, appreciates and encourages diversity. Applications from all qualified individuals are encouraged. Candidates requiring accommodation should contact the Director, Human Resources by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.