Assistant Professor, Marketing, Haskayne School of Business
University of Calgary
The Haskayne School of Business at the University of Calgary invites applications for a tenure-track appointment in Marketing at the rank of Assistant Professor, starting in July 2020.
Key requirements for the positions include:
• A PhD in Marketing or a closely related field is required at the time of appointment.
• Ability to publish in top-tier marketing journals.
• Research and teaching interests in marketing analytics, digital marketing, marketing strategy, and closely related topics.
• Evidence of effective teaching at the university level.
• Willingness to provide service to the university and to interact with the business community.
Key expectations for the position include:
• Research and knowledge dissemination.
• Securing research funding.
• Teaching at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
• Working with colleagues on interdisciplinary research initiatives, programme development and implementation.
• Engagement with local, national and international professional and other communities.
The normal teaching load in the Haskayne School of Business is two courses per semester (four per year). A reduced teaching load may be negotiated in the first years. Research support will be offered to all new hires.
Accredited by AACSB International, the Haskayne School of is a progressive and innovative business school. Our mission is to create and communicate knowledge of critical significance, while contributing to the development of our students as leaders of moral character with professional ability equal to the best in their field. With 3,000 full and part-time students currently enrolled in bachelor's, master's, PhD and executive education programs, the business school boasts more than 18,000 alumni in 60 countries around the globe.
Interested individuals are encouraged to submit their application online via the link below. Please be aware that the application process allows for only four attachments. Your four attachments should be organized to contain the following (which may require you to merge documents, such as publications):
• curriculum vitae, including the names of three referees
• research statement
• teaching statement
• one sample manuscript
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: August 11, 2019
There will be an opportunity for applicants to be interviewed at the 2019 AMA Summer Educators Conference in Chicago.
The University of Calgary recognizes that a diverse staff/faculty benefits and enriches the work, learning and research experiences of the entire campus and greater community. We are committed to removing barriers that have been historically encountered by some people in our society. We strive to recruit individuals who will further enhance our diversity and will support their academic and professional success while they are here. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. In this connection, at the time of your application, please answer the following question: Are you a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada? (Yes/No)