Tenure-Track Positions, Accounting and Financial Management Services Area
McMaster University is located on the traditional territories of the Haudenosaunee and Mississauga Nations and, within the lands protected by the Dish With One Spoon wampum agreement.
The DeGroote School of Business at McMaster University invites applications for two tenure-track positions at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor in the Accounting and Financial Management Services Area. The positions will commence on July 01, 2022.
Applicants must have research and teaching interests in accounting, broadly construed to encompass all fields in accounting such as auditing, financial reporting, managerial reporting, and taxation; though preference will be given to financial and managerial reporting, particularly teaching in intermediate financial and managerial reporting. The successful applicant must have or be very near completion of a Ph.D. in accounting or related discipline by the time of the appointment. The applicant must also demonstrate a record/potential of excellence in teaching and research and a willingness and ability to contribute to the Area and Faculty’s collegial and collaborative intellectual community as well as university-wide inclusive excellence goals and priorities.
The typical teaching load in the Accounting and Financial Management Services Area is 2 courses per term (4 per academic year), plus (if any) graduate supervision. The Area offers a Ph.D. Program in Accounting. The Area supports the main undergraduate programs which are the Bachelors in Commerce (BComm) and Integrated Business and Humanities (IBH). The Area also supports the MBA program where it offers the core and elective courses in Accounting. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the School’s academic programs at both its Hamilton and Burlington locations. For further information about the Accounting and Financial Management Services Area, visit https://research.degroote.mcmaster.ca/faculty-areas/accounting-and-financial-management-services/.
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
The diversity of our workforce is at the core of our innovation and creativity and strengthens our research and teaching excellence. In keeping with its Statement on Building an Inclusive Community with a Shared Purpose, McMaster University strives to embody the values of respect, collaboration and diversity, and has a strong commitment to employment equity. The University seeks qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity and inclusion, who will contribute to the diversification of ideas and perspectives, and especially welcomes applications from First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, members of racialized communities (“visible minorities”), persons with disabilities, women, persons who identify as 2SLGBTQ+.
We invite all applicants to complete a brief Diversity Survey, which takes approximately two minutes to complete. All questions are voluntary, with an option to decline to answer. All information collected is confidential and will be used to support efforts to broaden the diversity of the applicant pool and to promote a fair, equitable and inclusive talent acquisition process. Inquiries about the Diversity Survey may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job applicants requiring accommodation to participate in the hiring process should contact the Office of the Dean of Business at email@example.com to communicate accommodation needs.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the McMaster Academic Careers website: http://www.workingatmcmaster.ca/careers/, (Faculty Postings, Job 42239) by January 15, 2022 addressing your application documents to:
Dr. S.M. Khalid Nainar, Chair, Accounting and Financial Management Services Area, DeGroote School of Business, McMaster University, 1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada LMS 4M4.
• A letter of application together with a curriculum vitae describing the impact that career interruptions have had on research productivity, if applicable
• Research statement including a selection of research work (published articles or working papers)
• Statement of teaching interests and philosophy (including evidence of teaching effectiveness)
• Submit a brief statement describing any contributions made or planned in relation to advancing equity, diversity and inclusion or inclusive excellence in teaching, research or service within higher education, community-based or other professional settings (2-page maximum)
• Three to five letters of recommendation, to be submitted directly by your referees to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, with comments from referees on your:
- demonstrated scholarly excellence and research potential in the field of accounting;
- demonstrated ability and/or potential to successfully teach undergraduate students and supervise graduate students;
- the candidate’s ability to work in a collaborative and interdisciplinary environment; and
- contributions to university and/or community service.
Review of applications will continue until the positions are filled. All applicants will receive an online confirmation of receipt of their application; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
To comply with the Government of Canada’s reporting requirements, the University is obliged to gather information about applicants’ status as either Permanent Residents of Canada or Canadian citizens. Applicants need not identify their country of origin or current citizenship, however, all applications must include one of the following statements:
• Yes, I am a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
• No, I am not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada